Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Writing Prompts

Writing prompts are a necessary part of my class. They are ungraded and give my students a chance to experiment with their writing without consequence, a rarity in school. Every student needs a journal that remains in my class for the entire year. Most of my students burn through a couple of these throughout the year, so be prepared to buy a couple extras. There will be a new writing prompt every day.
I do not "do" normal writing prompts... just ask my students.

I will ask every day if there are any students willing to share their writing with the rest of the class. Of the many that share, I will choose my favorite and write it on this site. Just click comments, below, to read the entry, and leave any comment that you might have as well.
db

No comments:

Post a Comment